0

Giant Buddha!














The other day Mr. Hosie and I went to another town to see a giant Buddha! Since Jeff was working we had to make our way there ourselves. We use a guidebook that has the places we want to go written in Chinese. Then we just show the cab drivers or people at the train stations where we want to go. We also have Jeff's address written down in Chinese on a piece of paper in my purse to show the cab drivers! Cabs here are very cheap and we have used them everyday.

A lady at the info booth in the train station spoke English and helped us buy our tickets and showed us which platform to wait for the train on. Once we got to the platform we showed another person our ticket and she motioned where we should stand and which train we should get on. It is very weird not knowing any of the language. A few places have the "English" spelling of things which makes it much easier. Most street signs are written in Chinese. They are just starting to have the more major streets written in English.

When we got there we were amazed at the giant Buddha and the beautiful temple. We are getting used to seeing these beautiful temples everywhere.

Last night I ate Taiwanese ice cream. Yum, yum! It had a bit of ice cream on the bottom, then a bunch of stuff kind of like frozen ice milk then cut up fruit (I choose mango) then some sort of syrup. It was all in a huge bowl.

I haven't bought any souvenirs as I haven't real seen anything of interest. All I bought was one pair of shoes! They have beautiful shoes here for cheap but nothing in my size! People here are small and have small feet!

We leave tomorrow night. I am ready to go home but I don't want to leave Jeff!

See you soon!

0 comments:

Back to Top